Morris Mission to Mars
Welcome intrepid Morris dancer! We hope you are enjoying your weekend at the Perseverance Ale! While there are plenty of fun virtual events for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home, we would like make sure everyone gets a chance to step away from their screen every once in a while. This is where the Morris Mission to Mars comes in!
There are twelve mission challenges listed below. You can complete a couple of them, or you can go hard-core and try to complete them all! Post pictures of your completed missions to social media, using the hashtags #midwestmorrisale or #perseveranceale.
Depending on how many challenges you complete, you can receive a virtual mission completion certificate. In order to be eligible for a certificate, you must submit completed mission photos to the dropbox submission link listed at the bottom of the page. Please include the first and last name you registered with for the Ale so we can keep track! You can complete missions through the end of the day on Monday, May 31st. The completion levels are as follows:
3 completed missions = Bronze
6 completed missions = Silver
9 completed missions = Gold
12 completed missions = Platinum
Are you ready, fearless Morris dancer? Your missions, should you choose to accept them, are as follows:
- Baking Challenge: create a delicious baked good and share a photo!
- Create a Drink for your team: if your team were a drink, what would they be? Create a cocktail/mocktail that captures your team’s personality!
- Create an ice cream sundae for your team: Ah, ice cream, the perfect treat for summer! Similar to the drink challenge, create an ice cream sundae that reflects your team! Flavors, topping, sky’s the limit!
- Deck out a local Statue in Morris Attire: Everyone loves Morris dancing, including your locally famous statue!
- Rainbow Walk: Go for a walk around your neighborhood, and find one item from every color of the rainbow!
- Plant Identification: calling all naturalists! Go for a walk and show off the native flora in your region!
- Morris Hopscotch: Wait, did someone say scotch? Not quite, but you can include scotch for this one if you please. Create your own hopscotch course, then try it out!
- Order food from a local eatery: Support your favorite local restaurant, or try somewhere new! Either way order something tasty, share a photo, and tell us where you got it!
- Dance a Jig at a locally famous landmark: put those skills you learned during the May Jig festival to good use!
- Rocket Launch: Design a rocket, bonus if you can launch it! Use whatever materials you prefer!
- Create some nature art: use leaves, sticks, whatever you can find, and make something neat!
- Space themed Morris kit: the year is 3021. Your Morris team has relocated to Mars and decided it’s finally time to update kit to match current fashion trends. Create a design for your team’s new look!
Safe travels on your missions! Remember to post your completed items, and submit them to the dropbox link here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Ns2TNIvpvjkRjjDk4i4D
You can complete missions through the end of the day on Monday, May 31st.
Back by popular demand: Morris Bingo! Click the link below to generate your card. See how many squares you can fill by the end of the weekend! Make sure to bookmark or screenshot your generated card so you don’t lose it!