Thanks for your interest in being a weekend volunteer!
A virtual event requires a lot of behind-the-scenes work from volunteers to make everything run smoothly. Last year was a success in terms of volunteers. This year we want to expand on that success. In particular, we are seeking folks with both technical experience and people skills, and other virtual event experience is desirable.
This Ale we will have three different roles in terms of volunteers:
- Welcomes participants
- Assists with a general tech overview
- Makes announcements
- Provides directions to breakout rooms
- Reminds people to rename themselves
- Asks questions from chat
- Assists workshop leader
- Introduces leader
- Makes Time checks
- Communicates with Ale committee about changes in schedule
- Passes along announcements
- Takes an active Role in making the session successful
- Assists/ runs tech checks
- Provides tech support (zoom and/or discord)
- Is behind the scenes support
- Helps run the Green Room
- Floats to where they are needed based on expertise
Ready to volunteer? Sign up here.