Every year, the Ale hosts a silent auction. The auction is set up for most of the duration of the weekend, and ends at 8pm sharp on Sunday evening.
A wide variety of items are donated to the silent auction. Please stop by and browse, and if you see something you fancy, place a bid! You can get some really interesting stuff, and all proceeds from the silent auction go to the Financial Aid fund. We accept payments via cash, check, or credit card.
Please consider donating items to be sold at the auction! For ideas and inspiration, here are some items that have been donated to the silent auction at past Ales:
- Hand-knit items by some of the best knitters in the Midwest!
- Homemade jam, preserves, & other goodies
- Handcrafted items: shoe horns, bottle openers, trivets
- Dance shoes and clogs
- Dance apparel and other fancy party clothes
- Vintage Midwest Ale t-shirts (some are “pre-worn”)
- AirBnB-style accommodations to host visiting dancers in your city
- Wall art
- Morris-related paraphernalia: bells, hankies, stick bags, leather mugs
- Books, printed materials, and recordings related to Morris dancing or other folk dance
If you are bringing items for the silent auction and would like to pre-enter your bidding sheets ahead of time, please use the form below. You can type in your information, print, and bring the sheets with you.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Give some thought to items people might actually wish to own. For example, some of the odd items in your basement may not excite you, but may be of great interest to another member of the community.
- If your items would mold, melt or go stale in three days, it’s better to leave them at home. However, shelf-stable items such as jams, jellies and salsas are welcome.
- You may donate an alcoholic item; however, you must be 21 or over in order to bid and win such an item. Please be prepared to show ID.
- If you win a bid, please be ready to pay and take the item(s) home. Similarly, if nobody bids on your item, please take it with you when you leave.